Why You Should Plan a Health Fair. From an Exhibitor's Perspective...
Posted on Monday March 6 2017
HR managers and benefits professionals - if you have not been able to tell from my previous posts, I am not writing with a perspective from the eyes and mind of a health fair vendor.
All the health fair tips, ideas, reasoning, etc., coming from me are from the perspective of an HR manager, benefits, wellness coordinator. Basically, what I/HFC would consider the host.
So, to give you the perspective and thoughts from an exhibitor who participates in health fairs, I thought I'd share a video posted by St. Vincent's Health System (Birmingham, AL) featuring Kimberly Rider - Wellness Services Supervisor. Kimberly's team attends multiple employee health fairs throughout the year, providing various screenings, services, and education.
She has seen up close and personal the value and benefits of planning and hosting an employee health fair.
Check out the video by clicking the image below:
Kimberly provides quite a few reasons and tips in regards to why HR managers and benefits professionals should plan employee health fairs. See below what I consider are the key takeaways Kimberly mentions in these videos:
- Health fairs can affect the company's bottom line as preventive education/awareness can spot dangerous issues before they occur or spiral out of control
- Health fairs lead to healthier employees and healthier employees = the reduction of absenteeism
- Health fairs can kick-off your wellness program as the screening data you collect from the fair can help shape the direction and focus you have for the year
- Planning a health fair shows employees you care about them and their wellbeing
If you're still not convinced or find yourself needing more reasons as to why you should plan an employee health fair, check out one of my previous posts: 5 Key Benefits (you may never have thought of) from Planning an Employee Health Fair
Wanting more resources???
Below are other few other posts that will lead to links and resources related to planning your employee health fair:
- 15 Health Fair Planning Articles To Get You Started: Click Here
- 12 Wellness Blogs / Articles You Might Be Interested In: Click Here
- Health Fair Companies. A List of Serviced-Based Planning Companies: Click Here
If you have any comments or questions, drop a line in the comments box.
Thanks for reading, or should I say watching! :)
More About Health Fair Connections (HFC):
Simply put, we offer the only nationwide health fair planning tool that helps HR and benefits professionals automate 95% of the health fair planning process. The coolest part: it's like online shopping for health fair vendors. This tool is completely free to use, and you can get started at any time by clicking here.
- Tim Sackett's (President of HRU Tech) post about HFC: Click Here
- 19 Competitive Advantages for those who use HFC’s Platform to Plan & Organize Health Fairs: Click Here
- HFC made William Tincup's Recruiting Daily List of 100 HR Technologies worth watching: Click Here
- HFC's Competitive Matrix:
Link to large PDF of Competitive Matrix.
Have more questions?Contact Us